The Way Your Lab Manages Workflow and See Your ROI Increase
Do these situations describe your lab?
- You could benefit from Workflow Optimization
- Your lab is under stress from high workloads
and diminishing resources - are you trying to do more with less?
- You are concerned about productivity - do
you think you can do more?
- You and your staff lack experience and time
to optimize the lab's processes.
- You could benefit from Life-Line Access
- Your senior staff are too busy to deal with
other daily laboratory issues and problems?
- Your lab lacks senior scientists who can
mentor less experienced analysts?
- You need a rapid answer and can not wait
for a scheduled visit?
Our Lab Life-Line program is a unique opportunity
for laboratories to get access to advanced technical laboratory skills
with two different programs, depending on your needs.
A typical project might
involve the following activities:
review of existing workflows, including interviews with
all stakeholders (management, laboratory, quality)
- Preparation of proposed
changes with a Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA) illustrating
the advantages of implementing the changes
- An estimate of the costs
to develop and implement the changes
- Develop and implement the
- Provide a summary of the
actual ROI at the end of the project
Many laboratories are not using all of the
capabilities of their instruments, software, and staff. Among the
possible improvements are:
- Improved chromatographic methods that are
optimized for speed without sacrificing resolution,
- Sample preparation procedures that require
less time and fewer solvents, without comprimising accuracy (even
simple "dilute-and-shoot" procedures often can cost
much less with some simple changes),
- Understanding how to get the software to
do as many calculations as possible, eliminating most, if not
all, manual data entry and spreadsheet calculation steps,
- Generate reports that give you what you
need - calibration information, quality control results, and sample
For labs that do not have advanced internal
resources, you can still answers to your questions, using our unique
technical support program:
- Ten hours of technical support per month
- Options for one, three, or six months
- One low monthly fee
- Ability to communicate and share documents
by either phone or email
- Ask questions relating to:
- Operation of specific instruments in
the client's laboratory
- Methods in use on those instruments
- New methods that require development
or implementation on those instruments
- Other issues related to operation of
client's analytical laboratory
- Access to "inside" tips and tricks
that are not available to the public
There are substantial benefits to implementing these
programs in your labortory. However, they will often involve a change
away from inefficient existing practices. This process also requires an
investment in time and resources by the laboratory, which often meets
resistance from laboratory management. In our experience, the ROI calculations
indicate that these investments offer significant advantages for the laboratory,
and we would be happy to share our experience with you.
For some simple examples, see our article in Lab
Manager Magazine: "Investing
to Save." Learn how using ROI calculations can help your lab
reduce stress and improve performance.